[Wine] Re: How should I educate myself in order to code for WineHQ?

AlanJ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 25 12:00:44 CDT 2008

jingo811 wrote:
> My brain is like a rusty 80's computer I need procedural { $instructions = goals } in order to accomplish something relevant.  Giving me a procedural strategy is very important too me so please try and be as procedural with your advices as can be.  I don't mean explain to me what certain C-functions does I mean goals you set before sitting down and start reading and coding.

A lot of good advice has already been given in this thread but, and this is just my opinion, it is not up to those who know about wine, windows APIs, etc to structure their advice in steps, it is down to you as a learner to adapt to match the learning environment that exists with regards wine (it isn't really a learning environment but I can't think of a better phrase).

Procedural styles of working are fine in theory but ask anyone who works (or has worked) as a developer and they will tell you that only on rare occasions do your work patterns follow a procedural pattern. Call it multi-tasking, multi-threading or just plain heavy workload but you have to chop and change regularly, squeezing stuff in when you can.