[Wine] Re: CodeWeavers released CrossOver Games today!

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 25 15:20:51 CDT 2008

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:47 AM, twickline <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > An Introduction CrossOver Games
> >
> > CrossOver Games is a commercial variant of Wine released by CodeWeavers with support for many of today's most popular games. CrossOver Games is tested for performance and stability with many games such as Guild Wars, Eve Online, and Steam games like Half-Life 2 and Portal.
> >
> > Link: Full Article (http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2007/07/introduction-to-crossover-games.html)
> >

> Interesting and reasonably priced, but I'm not clear what's the
> difference from standard Wine or Transgaming's Cedega?
>
> Granted, I only scanned the immediate page and didn't do much study.
>
> thanks,
> Mark

I bet there are several patches that address specific game problems that otherwise not suitable for Wine. Pretty much the same thing that makes Crossover Office different from Wine.
I for one can think of "font of death" problem. the patch for it existed for a long time. But it's a hack not a proper patch - so it won't ever be part of Wine.