[Wine] Ability to ban ML people

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Mon Mar 24 20:49:11 CDT 2008

> On Monday 24 March 2008 16:21:06 pm Paul Johnson wrote:
>> On Monday 24 March 2008 03:48:31 pm vitamin wrote:
>> Some people on mailing list (most notably Paul Johnson)don't get that forum
>> works different. Please block their replies or remove them completely from
>> the ML and forum.
>
> Perhaps it's best to fix the problem instead of suggesting the users are
> wrong.  A lot of the complaints with the forum to list gateway would go away
> if the forums required quoting, and the gateway itself provided an accurate
> References header.
>
> It's not impossible to get this right:  Non-usenet Google Groups are great
> exmaples of forums working with mailing lists harmoniously.  Why the
> prevailing opinion here is to ban or run off anybody who suggests that fixing
> a pervasive bug is the right thing to do only serves to harm the project.

We use mail2forum (www.mail2forum.com) and phpbb2, and patches
and/or advice are welcome.

The mail2forum guys are openly asking for additional developers, and I think
we've deployed from source, so patches or configuration advice would
be helpful.

For phpbb, I know that Jeremy would be more reluctant to take patches, as
he's using Debian packages, but perhaps he's overlooked a setting;
again, advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeremy