[Wine] CodeWeavers released CrossOver Games today!

Dean Hamstead dean at fragfest.com.au
Tue Mar 25 18:14:26 CDT 2008

For some time transgamings product of cedega did do better at games that
wine. However, for over a year now wine has been vastly superior to
cedega. I left cedega, as you are paying for minor patches to fix
counter-strike and wow - neither of which i play.

Wine for me is largely for Dawn of War. However i have also spent the
time to get Stubbs the Zombie (and played it through, and posted on
appdb), Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (played, added to appdb) and swat4
to run. I also play halflife2 mp from time to time.

Many of the aforementioned games dont even get close to working in
cedega, which meant apt-get remove cedega came as a very natural and
pleasurable experience.

Bottom line is that Transgaming is abandoning their customers in favour
of cider, their mac product.

Codeweavers drive wine, good work guys and gals. If i needed office i
would buy it!

But would someone please fix the mouse wrapping bug? :)

Dean

--
http://fragfest.com.au