[Wine] Re: I try to run an ebook viewer, which requires IE

Charybdis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 25 18:59:58 CDT 2008

Yes it was a random choice.
Yes it requires internet connection to activate the ebook with the specified username/password.

Note that you resolved an exact same issue recently:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=123

If you resolved an exact same issue before, why treat this issue differently? Read the quoted thread: the topic author wanted to run an ebook viewer, which required internet connection.

You resolved his issue quickly, you even created a bug report.

And what happens now? I use a same program from a different publisher, and you think that it is spyware. The only difference is that the domain name associated with my issue is 11 years old (registered in 1996). The ebook viewer wants to establish a connection to this old domain name.

So could you tell me what is the difference between my issue and this thread: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=123 ?