[Wine] Sympa vs Mailman/phpbb/mail2forum

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 26 08:19:53 CDT 2008

Hi Paul,

> From my notes, we decided the easiest, most straightforward way to solve it
> was to use sympa.  It's highly configurable, and has both a forum and a
> mailing list interface, and sets forum replies up in a email-friendly
> fashion, and neatly sidesteps the security problems that seem to plague many
> of the php-based forum packages at the time.  I set aside an afternoon to get
> it set up and working, and got it done in about an hour altogether from the
> Debian package.

Do you have it up in a publicly viewable test mode?  Sympa was not one of the
packages I looked at when I did my survey, so I'm game to take a look.
Their public demo looked interesting, but I thought it would be useful to look at a configuration
that was tuned to be a wine-users mailman/phpbb replacement.

Cheers,

Jeremy