[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2007 and Wine only

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 26 09:51:15 CDT 2008

Can you post what dll overrides you used to get that far? When I tried just running setup with no overrides it aborted with the message "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disk or download location." I'm not sure what to make of that message--I was using the original CD, which worked fine installing in XP.

I, too, would like to get this to work. I'm not a programmer (actually, I'm an English teacher), so I really don't understand most of the console output, and right now don't have a clue as to how to run winedbg.  But I am willing to test things out, and am not afraid of the command line or editing text files if I have clear directions as to what I have to do. (Which is to say, please remember that some things that seem glaringly obvious to pros are not at all obvious to us ordinary end-users who are fairly new to Linux and Wine.)

I'm running OpenSuse 10.3 and Wine 0.9.58 (installed through Yast).