[Wine] WOW "fixes"

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Wed Mar 26 12:27:33 CDT 2008

David Gerard wrote:
> If people are not using it, and are instead doing it somewhere else,
> then this suggests something could be improved about the AppDB
> interface (and will need to be for 1.0).

I have submitted to the AppDB multiple times for both WoW and City of
Heroes/Villains. Each time I made sure to follow the directions for the
submission and everything seemed okay when I sent it in. I never saw any of the
submissions show up in the DB even though I had made sure that they added new
information, were using current versions of the games and Wine, a linux distro
that didn't have a listing yet, etc. so that I was adding useful info and not a
'me too!'.

In each case after several weeks I would get an email that said my submission
had been removed from the DB but said nothing about why so I have no clue if I
did something wrong in the interface, misunderstood the type of information I
should have included, or who knows what else. As a newish linux/wine user and a
definite end-user, not a programmer, the 9th or 10th time that happened I just
stopped submitting. Now I just try and help with game related posts on my distro
forum (Ubuntu), a general user forum (linuxquestions.org), or this list instead.

Tricia