[Wine] WOW "fixes"

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Mar 26 12:54:48 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:27 AM, tparker <tparker at etherstorm.net> wrote:
>  I have submitted to the AppDB multiple times for both WoW and City of
>  Heroes/Villains. Each time I made sure to follow the directions for the
>  submission and everything seemed okay when I sent it in. I never saw any of the
>  submissions show up in the DB even though I had made sure that they added new
>  information, were using current versions of the games and Wine, a linux distro
>  that didn't have a listing yet, etc. so that I was adding useful info and not a
>  'me too!'.
>
>  In each case after several weeks I would get an email that said my submission
>  had been removed from the DB but said nothing about why

That's too bad.  I've asked the WoW appdb maintainer to comment.

As a maintainer for Photoshop and a few other apps, I do find
that it's easy to not notice test data submissions, so sometimes
I don't approve them as quickly as I should.  I always try to
explain why when I reject or remove stuff.
- Dan