[Wine] Empty subject

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:33:12 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:19 PM, jnewman <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>  vitamin wrote:
>  > There is something wrong with the forum. If people hit "PostReply" button in the top-left the subject is not being populated. Considering that we get so many clueless people here who don't even bother to see if the subject is filled we got lots of broken posts.
>  >
>  > Alternatively can forum enforce the non-empty subject line on replies?
>

>  There is nothing wrong with the forum. Subjects are not required for replies. I don't see the issue here. I don't even see why this would upset you.
>
>  If you are worried about the mailing list, mail2forum will put in the subject of the thread automatically.

Jeremy,
   I've been receiving a lot of emails where all I see is a statement
from the person posting in (I assume) the forum but not quoting any of
the test that he or she is responding to. This makes it pretty much
impossible for me to say much of anything in context so I'm just
deleting these without much attention.

   So far today it seems like this must be at least 50% of the traffic.

   Are others seeing this also? Is anything about this caused on my end?

   If this is happening because the default in the forum is to not
quote the previous part of the thread I can completely understand
that. That's the way a forum should work since you can see the post
immediately above. However if that sort of post in the forum is sent
to the email list without any context it's almost useless here I
think.

Thanks,
Mark