[Wine] Re: Getting started

battlestarjesus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 26 17:16:59 CDT 2008

I am using Mandriva.  Will Compiz with 3d effects offer any potential complications?  I am having a rancid difficult getting Miro to work because of it.  When I run winecfg it has no title bar and I am awarded with the warning
Code:
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x64

I have not tryed to Install anything yet.  I have been jumping around from trying to get Miro to work, trying to get Virtual box to work, and trying to get WINE to work.  I am asking questions on four different forums about five different issues.  I just want everything to work.  With Miro there is a problem with the X11 interface and the media player (I am not sure which one it uses).  When I try and play a video it shuts off.  Does WINE have any conflicts with Compiz 3D effects?  If so, what are the ways to resolve the conflicts?

I have many more questions, and I am not easily offended.