[Wine] Wine on Linux only?

Tolak68 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 27 16:41:41 CDT 2008

Hi there,

I am new to wine and Linux, so please excuse me?

Ok, I have loaded Civ4. the files are on and Wine recognises them. When I try run the programme through Wine, it boots but I get an error message that CD-rom not present or it can't be read.

On searching forums, it gives me fixes whereby I need to load an updated DLL file into the registry? And patch (which I have), and a CD crack?

Fine, but I have a Linux only pc, not side by side with windows. Is this a registry in Wine? Or do I have to access the Civ 4 file on my Linux drive?

I have no windows registry installed, or a programme folder.

When I load the Cd, the CD Rom drive reads it fine, that's not the problem.

Thanks in advance

Tolak