[Wine] Feature request: Shader Emulation for Old Graphics Cards

DARKGuy . dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 20:13:20 CDT 2008

I'd say it -is- possible.

I've been watching this thread for years ->
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=91453&b=1 it's a very
unvaluable source of shader information... free too. There are various
methods to archieve a same effect through different instructions that
work on various cards.

Or at least, if the issue is passing through some shader version check
for a game, some option to "emulate shader version" and/or disable
specific GLX extensions (or returning "default" values...values that
look "ok" in most games) would've been really useful when I had my
Transformers game issue back with my 4200.

BTW, acceleration isn't the same as having pixel/vertex shaders...