[Wine] Cannot run winecfg (output pasted)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:00:49 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:45 PM, colbert <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thank you L. Rayhen, that worked! It runs now.
>
>  Mark, I am using kernel 2.6.24 and alsa 1.0.16 (it just updated in pacman yesterday).

It was a good catch in Rayhen's part on your video drivers but the
clue for me questioning the kernel/Alsa was that the Alsa  error
messages I clipped out are VERY common when new audio setup doesn't
match the existing Alsa setup. We see them all the time
Linux-Audio-Users with folks doing audio recording. (Ardour,
Rosegarden, QTractor, etc.) Makes sense if you updated your kernel and
the wine config didn't understand that. It also makes sense that if
you updated your kernel but forgot to update your video drivers that
something would be messed up.

You might want to clean up your existing asound.state file if you
continue to see messages like this.

- Mark