[Wine] Re: Is Wine taking my donations and giving them to CrossOver?

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 28 20:14:46 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel miss the important thing about the wine party fund.  It is clearly stored in the hards of a independent third party.

http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/ <<  So how money is used from this is above board.  Must be used for wine relegated things.  That may be acquirement of key documentation or funding wine developer conference or even helping developers without the money to get to a conference.   No all the developers are paided well like the ones working at codeweavers.   I am very thankful for codeweavers for providing core wine developers with a home.

Last time I looked codeweavers also covered the cost of the developers they pay to go to confs.  Most likely still the case.  Since its advertising of the existence of code weavers.

There are many more developers who are part times where the party fund is a great help.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that code weavers will sell developer time to get particular programs working in wine.  This is just good open source business operations.   Biggest sell able item is time.

It would be interesting to have a value on code weavers yearly donations to wine it would have to be a very large figure.  That money has to be recovered threw some means.  As long as code weavers keeps on treating wine with respect and care I will not have a problem with them.