[Wine] Re: Media player

Alibro wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 29 13:55:35 CDT 2008

I just fixed the problem I was having which sounds like yours. If you go to the AppDB for media player and follow the "How to" correctly it will work. Being new to this site I didn't even see the "How to" bit, it is under the list of known bugs.
 Just copy jscript.dll as described (the .Wine directory is hidden so open your home folder and press CTRL + H to view hidden files)
Open terminal and type in regsvr32 jscript.dll and Hey Presto, Media player now works for me

Hope this helps
Alibro