[Wine] Dos very old app

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 12:46:18 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Lorenzo <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> u think is it possible to run it without modifing xorg and start x-window over or not?
>  thanks i'll wait for further post

I do not think it's possible but I have VERY little experience in this
area. Modifying xorg.conf should be relatively easy in theory but you
might run into other issues such as monitor scan rates or any other
number of problems.

I agree with Alexander that maybe a DOSBox like program would be a
better solution as you say this is a DOS program and not a Windows
program. That way possibly the the screen issues would be handled by
DOSBox and not X directly. DOSBox would run in Linux, not Wine.

good luck,
Mark