[Wine] Dos very old app

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 13:13:00 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Lorenzo <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I messed up
>
>  i though it was a dos apps but it is a windows app
>
>  i dont think i'm gonna change my xorg everytime i want to run it, i'll try to modify the virtual desktop or wine configuration.

If what I think it true is *actually* true then you will NOT have to
change it every time you want to run it. xorg.conf contains a list of
instructions to tell X how to configure your graphics hardware based
on how you want to use the system. Typically most folks don't have any
settings below 16-bits so you cannot access anything less than 65536
colors. If you were to add an 8-bit section to your xorg.conf file
then X would understand you want to use it and would allow wine to
switch into that mode.

Again, I have VERY little experience in this area under wine but in
Windows this is essentially what you'd be doing.

Hope this helps,
Mark