[Wine] can't compile Wine 9.58 under Mepis 7 32bit

Fus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 30 14:12:49 CDT 2008

Hi
I got wine from Sourceforge and extracted it to a folder. In that folder I open a terminal and want to check dependencies .
I get this :

fuz at Fuzzy:~/linux saved/wine-0.9.58$ ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.
fuz at Fuzzy:~/linux saved/wine-0.9.58$

I managed to compile 0.9.53 in Mepis 6.5 but that might just have been luck :)

It is a brand new install of Mepis 7 and I did have to get a few things before I could start so I think I have all the depends but cant use ./configure to find out !

Any ideas ?