[Wine] how do I get it working ?

rob.rice wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 31 14:48:13 CDT 2008

I have a almost fresh install of windows XP on /dev/hdb1
( it was installed on another computer and I moved the drive to my linux computer )
windows was booting on the other computer
it was installer with a FAT 32 file system so linux has no problems with the file system on the windows partition
the wine package came from linuxpkgs
I would like to use the windows *.dlls where ever I can
so far all I have gotten to run is winecfg
what is this error message about
"fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 40 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL"
and how do I fix this error
"Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible."
I don't know what I will do with it I just want it working at this point