[Wine] Carrara 6 on wine in Ubuntu Hardy...

VitalBodies wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 2 01:06:00 CDT 2008

I am new and trying to get Daz Carrara 6 Pro going on Ubuntu Hardy.

I am on a Core 2 Quad Q6600 Dell Inspiron 530 using an ATI X1650 pro card.
I am using the Ubuntu Add/Remove ATI drivers and Wines.
Carrara 6 pro 6.1. and I just updated to 6.1.1.
I did not load the C++ and I have turned off windows management in WINE.

If I change the interactive rendering settings and click OK, Carrara vanishes.
Carrara[ interface is OpenGL.

The problem could be Wine, Carrara or the Graphic card drives.
Is there a way to isolate which it might be.

There was little info in the Wine appDB. and we have an active discussion on the DAZ forum where a number of use are trying to us Carrara  on Wine.
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=83776

All suggestion welcome...