[Wine] Legal issues for bundling Wine with my Application

asafbenzaken wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 2 13:20:41 CDT 2008

Hi

I've recently written some graphic application in windows.
i've was successfull in running it under Linux using Wine.
I had to add gdiplus.dll to the windows/system32 directory.

now for my question.
Is it legal for me to create a "Bundle" Wine with my application and make it work "native like" under linux - and then sell it?
Meaning that the end user will but a software that will install my application while it will run under the Wine platform?

my question regards legal issues for Wine but mainly for Microsoft.
since i'm using gdiplus.dll, arent i'm obligated to pay something to microsoft?

Thanks