[Wine] Re: Unreal Media Server - no way to run in Linux

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 3 12:50:38 CDT 2008

vladd wrote:
>  and the server itself - UMediaServer.exe, which should run as a regular windows service and listen incoming connections on several TCP ports.

So why are you starting it as a regular windows program? Does it run that way on windows? I don't think so.
Install it properly (so it installs itself as a service) then run it with 'net start <service_name>'. Of course make sure you have some other app running under Wine, like notepad. Or your service will be killed 5 seconds after start.