[Wine] Re: Unreal Media Server - no way to run in Linux

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 3 23:55:45 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> Maybe in some distant future it would be ok to run Wine in the background all the time. But not now.
> For now the only realm where Wine used is user programs. Any services that must run all the time have to have a native Linux version. Request such software from your vendor. Or switch to vendor that provides native Linux versions.
> You can always start a separate program such as notepad and keep it running. This will keep your services up and running.

I don't think that I am worrying to much about the fact that it does get killed if inactive. There is always something I launch when using Wineserver.
However, it should not be remotely closed before I have killed/closed all other applications (and would then be launched again through the new booting of Wineserver).