[Wine] Re: Steam Tahoma Font

wispa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 4 04:45:04 CDT 2008

How have you installed Wine? Did you compile it from the source?

I have the same issue when I compile Wine myself, the Tahoma font is in the Windows/fonts directory yet the text in Steam is not displayed.

However, if I uninstall Wine from the source and re-install using APT (I'm using Debian) and re-run Steam, all the text is visible and all is well.

The only downside to this is not being able to use the most up-to-date release of Wine until the packages have been distributed for Debian.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why this is, pleas elet me know.

...Am I missing something in building the source? I just use the ./tools/wineinstall process

Thanks