[Wine] Re: Games not loading

Bad Boy Bubby wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 4 15:18:40 CDT 2008

Hi

Im new but having trouble running games under ubuntu 8.04 wine 9.60

all games install fine but

counterstrike 1.6 runs but crashes/freezes box after indeterminate time.
cs ran fine in software mode. although the graphics lagged badly.

trackmania will not start just crashes.

so im guessing games just wont run correctly under the current version of wine / ati drivers does anyone know a previous version of wine / driver combination that would work?

I really want to dump M$ but this is the only thing stopping me now :-(