[Wine] Re: Wine 1.00 the AppDB and State of the Winehq website.

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 6 06:47:35 CDT 2008

NN wrote:

> Basically there is nu uniform rating method and apps I would rate lets say
> silver would be rated platinum by others because they consider native dlls and
> cracks fine. So far nothing has been done about it and personally I would
> change this bug to redo the whole rating mechanism."

IMO, this "bug" is in the users, not the AppDB, and there is little that can be done about it. These kinds of ratings are always subjective, no matter how precise you try to make them--e.g., "normal use" in Word 2003 for me does not involve the equation editor at all, but for someone who relies on that feature (which currently doesn't work), their rating of the app is going to be quite different than mine.