[Wine] Re: winetricks vcrun2005 does not appear to install DLLs

gnivler wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 9 05:42:15 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:42 AM, gnivler <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > mason at mason-desktop:~/c/Program Files/Aspyr/Guitar Hero III$ sh ~/winetricks win2k vcrun2005sp1
> > mason at mason-desktop:~/c/Program Files/Aspyr/Guitar Hero III$ wine GH3.exe
> > And it proceeds further, this time I get a dialog window from the game telling me I don't meet the system requirements,
> > "This game requires a newer version of Windows, or a newer service pack".
> >

> Try then doing 'winetricks winxp'.  (You only needed win2k mode to force
> vcrun2005* to install placebo versions in windows/system32.)

Thanks again, that did the trick.  I signed up with the AppDB and submitted some testing information, so I'll pursue it via that route also.  On the bright side the game seems to run pretty well, even for a supposedly bad, slow port in the PC version.  Just can't use the guitar controller yet, or I haven't figure it out at least.