[Wine] Wini MIDI on Ubuntu

mdv wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 9 12:44:03 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm trying to run a synth editor (SY editor) under Wine on Ubuntu Gutsy.
The editor runs fine it seems but I can't get MIDI in out to work, the editor gives me an error midi device not properly configured.
I'm using the Edirol UM-2ex, and I selected ALSA under wine configuration - sound, and I can see UM2 for both MIDI in and out in the configuration. I also see UM2 for MIDI in and out in SY editor, but as I said it won't work when I select them.
Anybody knows how I can get this running?

Many thanks!