[Wine] Wine Mac OSX Questions

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sat May 10 20:17:55 CDT 2008

Ertai87 wrote:
> So I have an Intel Mac and I'd like to run a couple Windows apps on it.  I looked in the Mac OSX working programs wiki, but it doesn't have any of the programs I want to use listed.  I checked AppDB, but it doesn't have Mac tests for any of them listed either.  I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with MS Office 2003 or 2007 or Steam on Mac OSX (Leopard) with Wine.  Thanks.

You will have to get a version of Wine specifically created for the Mac,
which I regularly test, called Darwine.  Mike Kronenberg publishes them
about one to three days after the published release.  The latest that I
know Mike has built is Darwine 0.9.61, which includes the Winehelper
application and a nifty GUI front-end to Dan Kegel's Winetricks (which
you might need for Office 2003.)

Please post any further problems to the list/forum.

James McKenzie