[Wine] Re: first translation patch - broken characters

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 11 11:44:24 CDT 2008

Timeout wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately license is one of those things that should not be translated. Or it will loose it's power. See for example here : http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html
> >

> However it had been translated on "clock" for instance, I took most of the translation there and adapted it to what I though it to be be better.
>
> Legally though, If one does not have conditions in a language that he/she can understand, it would not be applicable to him/her.

I'm not a legal expert just thought it's worth to mention.

Timeout wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > What codepage have you used to edit the file? And what codepage have you used to look at the diff?
>
> I used Gedit with the correct characters and had it so on the screen when I made the diff.
> Russian is a specific case, it's not using latin letters at all, so perhaps there is a specific configuration for it.

Well I can write in English too :D  What I'm talking about is what encoding did you set gedit to? If it's utf-8 then it would explain the problem. By default Wine is not using utf-8 for resource files since windows doesn't. You need to use the same encoding that windows uses cp-1250 if I'm not mistaken.