[Wine] Double Buffer in Medieval II ?

gripp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 11 19:14:41 CDT 2008

Hi
total wine noob here - please spell things out a bit...

the error i get that stops me from from loading medieval II is

> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateAdditionalSwapChain The app requests more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if possible

and the how-to for this game says to go to the the "graphics" tab in the winecfg and select the double buffer whatever - there is no double buffer anything in my winecfg
i have "allow desktop apps to stop the mouse.."
"allow the window manager to control the windows"
"emulate a virtual desktop"
and
"allow pixel shader"
then the screen rez.

i'm using ubuntu hardy installed via wubi
i have installed the plethora of dependancies listed here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=297280&highlight=open+%252Fdev%252Fsnd%252Fseq+failed
and have fixed the preloader error.
i have an 8800GTX with the linux driver installed (i.e. compiz works)

also, i have successfully used winetricks to install dotnet2.0
(if that helps)
but cant get gecko/IE to connect to the internet - it installed, but just stays on a white screen...