[Wine] winetricks vcrun2005 does not appear to install DLLs

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sun May 11 22:09:42 CDT 2008

gnivler wrote:
> Looks like I need to sign-up for Bugzilla so I can be a more useful and maybe contribute with reports etc, and once I have my feet more firmly planted maybe I can help with QA, sorting reports and checking the AppDB for info etc as I saw described in a document I found somewhere around here.  It didn't occur to me that using a native dll illustrates something that devs are interested in fixing in the builtin libs, I feel/felt kind of like I'm whining about awesome free software.

Yes, the developers are very interested in building and fixing Wine's
built-in dll functionality to mimic, as close as legally possible,
native .dll functionality.

You are not whining, but are pointing out shortcomings of Wine's
built-in .dll functionality.  And software never gets better unless
someone does something about it.  Filing as complete as possible bug
reports is a step in that direction.

Keep on looking at problems with Wine.  We can use all the help we can get.

James McKenzie