[Wine] Re: Problems running the game GUN from Neversoft.
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 13 13:18:41 CDT 2008
I tried at again at home and reinstalled the game.
I run the setup.exe and the installer started fine.
In the beginning I got this in the installer dialog:
GUN (TM) PC DVD-ROM
Minimum System Requirements
- 3D hardware accelerator card required - 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant 32 MB Hardware T&L - capable video card and the latest drivers*
- English version of Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000/XP
- Pentium(R) III 1.8 GHz or Athlon(TM) XP 1800+ or higher processor
- 256 MB of RAM
- 2.8 GB of uncompressed hard disk space (plus 320 MB for the Windows swap file)
- A 100% Windows 2000/XP-compatible computer system including:
- DirectX 9.0c (Included)
- 100% DirectX 9.0c-compliant true 16-bit sound card and drivers
- 100% Windows 2000/XP- compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers
- 100% Windows 2000/XP- compatible 2X speed DVD-ROM drive (2.77 MB/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
- 100% Windows 2000/XP-compatible gamepad (optional) (Game controller with 10 or more buttons and dual analog thumb sticks required)
*Supported Chipsets for Windows 2000/XP
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 3/Ti series
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 4/Ti series
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) FX 5700 and later series
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 6800 and later
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 8500
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 9000
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 9600
ATI(R) Radeon(TM) 9800 and later
*Important Note: Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by GUN. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.
The preselected installpath was:
I tried to change it to /home/fredrik/Wine_Applications (without creating the folders "Activision/GUN")
But then the installer complained about:
"Seleceted does not have 3112 MB free"
...even though I got 100 Gb free space.
So I kept the original preselected installpath "c:\Program Files\Activision\GUN"
At end of install I got the choice to install DirectX 9.0, I selected not to since it did not work last time.
I restarted the computer. Put in the game-cd in cd-drive.
Double clicked on the Gun-icon on my desktop, but as like yesterday I just got this popup:
<A debugger has been detect>
Unload the debugger and try again
If any one got any clue of what to do please let me know!
More information about the wine-users