[Wine] Fixedsys font

dreamstogo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 14 02:25:57 CDT 2008

Dear All,

I have a windows application running under wine on my Linux machine (Ubuntu 8.04, with wine 0.9.61).

When the application starts it complains about a font called Fixedsys not being available.

I can click thro the message and the application starts no problem and appears to be working correctly, so this issue isn't a show stopper, just an annoyance and is the last thing before this very old windows application runs smoothly under wine and Linux.

I can find no Fixedsys.fon file on the web and nothing except that Fixedsys is (was?) a windows system font. A friend has found an entry for it in his XP registry,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontMapper]
"FIXEDSYS"=dword:00009000

Searching in the wine registry for "fixedsys" brings up nothing.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thank you for your help

Hilary