[Wine] Re: Fixedsys font

dreamstogo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 14 05:34:51 CDT 2008

Thank you again Ove,

I am using an English language setup. I was doing a debug on the program when your message arrived. Here is an excerpt from the windebug=+fonts dump,

trace:font:AddFontToList Loading font file "/home/hilary/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts/vgafix.fon" index 0
warn:font:AddFontToList Unable to load font "/home/hilary/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts/vgafix.fon"/(nil) err = 2
trace:font:AddFontToList Loading font file "/usr/bin/../lib/../share/wine/fonts/vgafix.fon" index 0
warn:font:AddFontToList Unable to load font "/usr/bin/../lib/../share/wine/fonts/vgafix.fon"/(nil) err = 1

The file vgafix.fon is in windows/Fonts, as reported earlier.

I'm wondering whether the file I have is correct; it is 2.7KB dated 1994/12/08.

Now, I do have a windows2000 box, so I turned it on to see if I could compare the vgafix.fon on the Ubuntu box with the windows version. I can find no vgafix.fon anywhere on the windows box. The string is found if I do a registry search on the windows box.

Are these fonts available for download anywhere? I have used winetricks to install the corefonts but it doesn't install vgafix.fon.