[Wine] PWGL in wine, problems

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:45:44 CDT 2008

Hello,
I'm new on this list. First of all, thank you to all the developers of this
great project!
At the moment there is only an application that keeps me on both macos and
windows, its name is PWGL a free environment for computer assisted
composition in openGL. (http://www2.siba.fi/PWGL/)

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and wine 0.9.59.
I have to say that I also installed vcrun2005 and vcrun2005sp1(using
winetricks) in order to have Microsoft.VC80.CRT DLL in my system.

The program starts, but after the initial stage (showing splash screen), it
quits with the following error:

X error of failed request: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
Major opcode of failed request: 158(Composite)
Minor opcode of failed request: 1 ()
Serial number of failed request: 26

I have a not-so-bad linux experience so I can test solutions and
suggestions!
Any help welcome!
Thank for reading,
best