[Wine] GTA:SA+ WIne-RC1 + Ubuntu 8.04[64bit] -> Unhdl. exce.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu May 15 00:20:44 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:41 PM, ulberon <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Well, to be more explicit then, substitute every time I said "game support"
> with "directx" and it's the same point.

Yes, and just as before, "directx" isn't just one little checkbox,
it's a whole bunch
of stuff, lots of work to implement.  And if you hadn't noticed, we're steadily
making progress on it.

> I mean, come on, MS outlook is number 10 and MS word is number 6.
> I really don't want to be rude, but you have to ask the question:
> Are the people who voted for those two applications stupid?
> Go download openoffice and thunderbird.  Do they want IE8 to work under wine too?

Believe it or not, openoffice still does not handle all documents properly.
I've seen this myself, and this has forced me to use MS Word.
Last I checked, I wasn't an idiot.
And some offices require all their users to use outlook!

In short, the world does not revolve around gamers, other users need
their killer apps on wine, too.  We are supporting
you along with those other users.  Enjoy the free support.  Please stop looking
this particular gift horse in the mouth.

Now, if you have $50K or so kicking around, maybe you can direct
more Wine development towards gaming.  Or maybe not; it might
be hard to find somebody skilled enough to do it.  Good luck!
- Dan