[Wine] Re: does WINE run on MAC OS and OpenVMS

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 15 08:41:10 CDT 2008

noble_curious wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two queries regarding WINE.
> 1) Is there support for VMS(OpenVMS) and MAC OS in WINE. I mean that can I install/build WINE over OpenVMS OS and MAC OS.

Mac OSX - yes. OpenVMS - not sure. Try it see what happens

noble_curious wrote:

> 2) I have heard that WINE doesnot have support for WIN64 bit API's. Is this true that I cannot port WIN64 applications via WINE on Linux 64 bit.

Correct. Wine does not yet compiles/work as 64-bit.

I have to note that Wine can be compiled and run on number of OSes. However you have to have x86 system if you want to run windows applications. Wine does not emulate CPU. It have to be the CPU windows program was written for (x86 only).