[Wine] Re: not able to write on ntfs disk

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 15 11:48:36 CDT 2008

What you need to do is run the program from the terminal so you can see Wine's messages while you try to save something to your ntfs partition, then copy the messages and post them here.

Open a terminal. I don't use Ubuntu myself, so I don't know exactly where it  is on the menu, but I'm reasonably certain it's there somewhere.

In the terminal, navigate to the directory where you installed Word. If you did a default install, the command should look something like
Code:
 cd "/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11"

where username is your username. (Be sure to encase the full path in quotation marks; Linux does not like spaces in filenames/directories.)

Once there, start Word with the command

Code:
wine WINWORD.EXE

and try to save something to your ntfs disk.

Copy whatever you see in the terminal to your clipboard, and post it here.