[Wine] Re: Call for help with Wine 1.0 testing

gnivler wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 15 16:59:35 CDT 2008

Thanks for the suggestions I'm sure I'll get it compiled now.  Strangely I had everything required before, I think apt-get autoremove may have screwed this up, it listed a bunch of stuff I didn't recognize, and removed it.  Figured if I didn't know what it was it would be better to go with defaults.  I did try installing the 32bit version of Hardy first but there was some apic problem where it wouldn't boot without a noapic option, then I read multicore cpus communicate internally with apic and I've also got 4 gigs of physical memory.  Figured I would need 64bit to maximize my hardware even though it is overkill for a linux desktop.  In any event I think I was just confused having already done it, and needing to do it again now.