[Wine] Call for help with Wine 1.0 testing

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:56:40 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> One key goal for Wine 1.0 is that all of its conformance
> tests run successfully on nearly all systems.  We would really like
> your help in figuring out how close we are to that goal.
>
> To that end, if you are comfortable with checking Wine out via git,
> could you please visit this page:
>  http://wiki.winehq.org/MakeTestFailures
> and follow the instructions there?  (It's really simple; build current
> git Wine, download + run a script).
>
> And, if you're a Wine developer, since Alexandre is away and the code freeze
> is on, why not look for one of those failures in your own make test results
> and see
> if you can fix it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeremy

I've updated http://wiki.winehq.org/MakeTestFailures a bit. I've added
more bug reports for test failures, and split them into generic and
specific bug reports.

@wine-devel:
I've tagged quite a few bugs that only occur on PC-BSD and/or
OpenSolaris, but not in Ubuntu Feisty (on a vm with the same
settings). Anyone with spare time might take a look at those bugs, and
see what is blocking our porting efforts. I'll work on getting those
two on real hardware sometime in the next week or two for better
testing.

@wine-users
Try testing this under as much hardware as you can. Just make sure
wine is compiling properly (check ./configure --verbose for any
warnings).

-Austin