[Wine] Re: wine and pulse audio.Can they work together?

oisin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 16 18:26:02 CDT 2008

pulseaudio has a tool pasuspender for apps that dont work with pulseaudio. It temporarily disables pulseaudio while the program runs.

Just run wine like this;

 pasuspender wine <app>

Its just a workaround but it works. I've heard there is a pulseaudio driver in the works, whether or not it will ever be included is a different question. Personally I would love to see wine and pulseaudio work together.

Also if you have the JACK sound server running you can use this to connect wine and pulseaudio, though I have never tried this.