[Wine] cannot install wine

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Sun May 18 19:59:48 CDT 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008 02:52:40 pm Trevorofmolino wrote:
> extracted wine-0.9.60 and ran ./tools/wineinstall , it configured and
> compiled. then after putting in root password I getcould not find wine on
> your system.run wineinstall as root to install before rerunning wineinstall
>  as a user. So I enter root and root password and then i retry
> ./tools/wineinstall and get WINE Installer v0.75
>
> You are running wineinstall as root, this is not advisable. Please rerun as
> a user. Aborting.

> wine is in directory /home/trevor/.wine/wine-0.9.60. How can I finish this
> or will I have to uninstall and try installing manually?

Try following it's advice.  Why are you logged in as root?  If you're logged
in as root right now, log out right now!  Log in as a normal, non-root user,
then go read this.
http://www.newlinuxuser.com/explain-why-not-log-on-as-root/

Then, try again, and when you get output from software, read it.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca

Explaination of .pgp part: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/rant-gpg.html