[Wine] STEAM CHAT WORKS!!!!

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Mon May 19 14:06:30 CDT 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008 11:50:02 am MadnessRed wrote:
> ok, this may be a major problem if it is linked. I am hoping and think that
> most likely it isn't liked but at the same time that steam chat works, one
> of my partitions was wiped taking a lot of linux with it, thankfully
> nothing fundamental. The partition that went was my DATA partition with all
> my programs and documents.

Were you running wine as root?  If not, it's probably entirely unrelated.

If so, it might be unrelated, but if you always log in as root, there's a good
chance it wasn't related as well:  Consider that as your reason why you
shouldn't run as root.

In either case, if the files weren't writable to the user you were running as,
it wasn't wine.  This gets tricky to troubleshoot if you're running as root:
All files are writeable to that user.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca