[Wine] Re: Wine and Legacy 6.0 Genealogy Program

allan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 20 19:43:16 CDT 2008

In case anyone is still interested, I'd previously reported success running Legacy 5 on openSuse 10.3, with a few very minor problems outstanding.

When I came to try on Kubuntu Hardy it would install but I couldn't add to the database.  This was after adding ole32 and oleauto and vb6runtime.  When I tried to install dcom98, it objected, saying it wasn't interested in NT!

Anyway, I followed Dan's two winetricks and all is now working, or at least so far.

Thanks, Dan.

Allan