[Wine] AutoCAd 2000

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 21 04:40:38 CDT 2008

2008/5/21 DachaArh <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
>  David Gerard wrote:
>  > 2008/5/21 DachaArh <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> > > I see that alot people have managed to install AutoCAD 2000
>  > > I'm using ubuntu 8.04 64 bit version and wine 1.0-rc1, but I can't install autocad 2000
>  > > When I try to install it it says
>  > > [Image: http://i26.tinypic.com/3523xhl.png ]

> > Windows NT 5.0 is Windows 2000. I believe Wine currently claims to be
>  > XP. If you tell Wine to pretend to be Windows 2000, does the install
>  > go any further?

>  how do I tel wine to pretend to be wndows 2000?

Run winecfg from the command line, it lets you easily tweak all manner
of things about the environment Wine presents.

(This is not yet a Windows-style control panel, I believe there's
Google Summer of Code work this year to make it more easy and obvious:
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/wine/appinfo.html?csaid=8B4254855F2BD854
)

- d.