[Wine] Winetricks deleted most of my hard drive

tameboy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 21 09:54:37 CDT 2008

Immediately after running winetricks a month ago, several very important directories disappeared from my hard drive, and despite paying a lot of money to good data recovery company, I have not been able to recover them.

I have searched this forum and elsewhere for evidence of this happening to anyone else with no result.

Is it at all possible that the script deleted my directories by accident when trying to clear up after itself?

Before anyone gets jittery about legal issues, I take full responsibility for any loss of data (I should have done a back up before running the script). However, I thought it would be remiss of me not to mention this, in case it is a bug in the script.