[Wine] World of Warcraft on Intel GM96x

TRex2003 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 21 10:16:04 CDT 2008

Hi,

like many others I am trying to run wow with wine, but unlike many others, it doesn't really work ;)

Already tried to fix with this Howto:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Linux/Wine

Nevertheless, I get to the login (all behind is red, no image like it should be) and to the character selection (only buttons visible, but no labels on them). I even get into the game, seeing the panels, but the screen is...you can't see anything. menus are completely without text.

direct rendering is active; compiz is not installed.

my system is debian lenny (current updates), wine 1.0-rc1. I "installed" via copy & paste from Windows ;)

wow version is current, did not try before.

any idea?