[Wine] Re: Winetricks deleted most of my hard drive

tameboy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 22 05:20:07 CDT 2008

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

I agree it seems unlikely that winetricks could do such a thing, its just that whatever happened did so immediately after running the script. I don't remember removing anything from the trash.

I am running Fedora 7 with Gnome version 2.18.3 (soon to be upgraded to Fedora 9).

One thing I wondered (in my general ignorance of such matters) is whether the problem was caused by a link I had set up in my home directory called "c_drive" which is actually a link to where I mount a windows hard drive when I need access to it from linux. I notice looking through the code in winetricks reference to a similarly named link - is there any possibility that this confused the script into deleting parts of my home directory when it was cleaning up after itself?